Set up the WorkstandIQ integration for Loyalty and Performance to your Ascend point of sale.
Important! Before you begin, please make sure you have:
- Physical or remote access to the computer running the Ascend POS server software for each store location
- Admin privileges to the server computer at each store location
- Your Ascend SQL database user and password*
*Your SQL database credentials are different from your Ascend application login. If you do not have your credentials please contact Ascend Support at email@example.com to request your SQL database user and password.
- The Loyalty and Performance integration setup with Ascend uses your local designated server for each store location.
- The ability to stay connected is dependent on the local server’s connection to your network, and your network’s connection to the internet.
- When the Agent software experiences an interruption, it will attempt to reconnect on its own, but on occasion, it may require manual intervention. Instructions to restore a disconnected server can be found here.
Looking for information on connecting Ascend to your website? Find more information here.
- Loyalty and Performance connect to your Ascend POS database with a small service on your Windows Ascend server called an "Agent".
- Please ensure your server is always on and continuously running Ascend's software to prevent data issues in Loyalty and Performance.
If you would like assistance with connecting your Ascend POS please contact our Client Success team.
- The Agent should be installed locally on the Ascend server at each of your store locations, the following steps will need to be followed at each location.
- Log into your store's Ascend server using an Administrator account.
- Download the latest version of the Agent installer here (Retail Toolkit Agent Installation.exe).
- Follow the prompts in Windows to install and run the Agent program.
- Open a web browser and visit this link to to go the locations section of the Dashboard.
- Create or find the location you'd like to connect. If creating a new location, uncheck the "Active" box until the connection is complete. This ensures the data for the rest of your locations can still be compiled into a "Whole Store" view.
- Click Edit next to the appropriate location.
- On the location's edit page, click Edit beside the default data source. If none exists, click Add Data Source.
- Without editing the settings, click next on the New Data Source screen. You should see a page with a new Agent ID and an Agent Key. Do not click Create yet.
- Copy and paste the ID and Key from the page into the corresponding fields in the Agent Configuration Manager.
- Click Create on the New Data Source screen.
- Back in the Agent, enter and verify that the Database Host, Database Name, Database User, and Database Password are correct for your Ascend database. You can test these settings by clicking Test Database Connection.
- Once the connection to the database is successful, click "Start/Restart Agent"
- If needed, repeat the above installation steps for the Ascend server at each of your locations.
Note: Once fully connected, it may take up to 24 hours to import all of your Ascend data and display it in the Dashboard.
Restore Ascend Agent Connection
Is Ascend failing to connect? Follow these instructions to restore Ascend Agent connectivity.
- On rare occasions, the Ascend Agent may fail to connect and update data to the Dashboard.
- If restarting the Agent using the configuration application does not resolve the issue, you can manually restart the Agent service to restore connectivity.
- Open Agent Configuration App on the Ascend server (Start > All Programs > Retail Toolkit Agent > Agent Configuration).
- Click the "Start/Restart Agent" button.
- Verify connection has been restored.
Note: Once the connection has been restored, refresh the Sales and Open to Buy Reports.